Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LavaSouthern Edge updates
Version 2.32 is up - the only change is that the mod should work better with Imoen4ever mod.
Cheers!
Version 3.00 is now available! It includes:
  • Update Height Map for the main area
  • Updated / Fixed entrance point
  • Fixed Mr. Cat's head string scripts
  • Update for the Russian tranlation
  • Update for the Polish translation
  • More detailed information on the Polish translation
Version 3.10 is up! It includes better item descriptions by Cahir Smile Enjoy! Smile
Issue with SE: when leaving the area on my first visit (bringing the spices to the tavern) the dialogue about the start of the parasite quest is triggered. And the group is not in the area. When I return, the journal entry is set. Interessting enough that the dialogue is started and journal entry is done significantly later, the automatic dialogue when leaving the area is quite strange. And this behavior is reproduceable.
Just to clarify: you mean you left the area without talking to Mairo first and the talks started even though you missed him, correct?
Correct. When leaving the area the camera moves to his position and the dialogue starts. And I have never been close to his position.
Yeah, I know the bug then. You should talk to Mairo first or give him time to approach you. If you are not in the area, he will start the talk even though you left the area. I'll need to finally fix this...
Anyway, thanks for reminding me about this.
Next is Lydia and Crynn: I told Lydia the truth about her lover. Returning to the graveyard to Crynn and talking to him. He started the dialogue with Lydia, but she is not present. Therefore the dialogue is ended after the first string. Triggering the dialogue can be repeated. 

But I don't know if this an issue of southern edge or with WeiDU 247. There are several reports recently on issues with 247. 

Tried to check the Lydia generation script: everything looks fine. The script is in ar0801.bcs and all variables are set to create her. But I could not check (or don't know how): CombatCounter(0). But there was no sign of a combat. 
CLUAed Lydia and the quest went on (well, it was the end Wink ). 

Can't tell what was wrong...

edit: I noticed that the journal entry was not done, the quest ist not marked as "completed".
Weird... Will look into it as well. It may be a random thing, though. Stuff like that happens.
Seen on v3.21 and previous ones : the quest "sick cow" don't update when i've cured the cow by giving the antidote. 3th gameplay, still the same bug. The quest stay in the journal. It's MAYBE because i buy the belladona before meeting the cow doctor.
I tried to fix it before, but there is something about that one journal entry that is beyond me! Maybe it's some mice magic. Perhaps at this point I should say that this one thing may or may not be fixed in new versions. I will look at this, but I think that considering how many mods I released, I may have little shameful bug that - after all - does not affect the gameplay. But I will remember to check it yet again, I promise Tongue
(06-07-2021, 04:38 PM)Lava Wrote: I tried to fix it before, but there is something about that one journal entry that is beyond me! Maybe it's some mice magic. Perhaps at this point I should say that this one thing may or may not be fixed in new versions. I will look at this, but I think that considering how many mods I released, I may have little shameful bug that - after all - does not affect the gameplay. But I will remember to check it yet again, I promise Tongue
Hi, I don't know if you looked at this, but this journal entry bug is still here in version 3.4.
Thanks! I don't know why, to be honest, and it's a bit ridiculous I can't fix that little thing, but I will look at it again, but I'd like to deal with some other releases first Smile
Cheers!
Yes it's not a big deal, just wanted to inform you just in case. I passed it on quest done with EEkeeper.
Oh! I didn't know you can edit journal entries in EE Keeper! That's good to know!