Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MarvinSkie doesn't seems to appear
Hi Lava, hi everybody,

It is the first time I post here, even though I have been following your work for the last ten years at least.
I am one of your biggest fan in France Wink.

Recently, after a long long time, I started a new game of BGEET, and I played with your new mod Skie, cost one girl's soul.
I duly freed Skie's soul and I've been waiting quite a while, and slept in most of the inns of the region. Even though Skie never appeared.

I'm soon departing to Spellhold and i was expecting to take her in the party before going forth.

is there a timer before she appears? A specific inn where to rest? Anything special?

Thanks for the answers.
She should appear few days after Missini talks to you. Did you have a talk with Missini?
Could you check what's the value for "L#2SkieReturns","GLOBAL" variable? You can check it with a help of console:
C:GetGlobal("L#2SkieReturns","GLOBAL")

Information on how to enable console:
https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/app...a/bgee.htm

Thanks for your kind words! Smile

Here are the area codes of the taverns she may appear in:
AreaCheck("AR0021")
AreaCheck("AR0313")
AreaCheck("AR0314")
AreaCheck("AR0406")
AreaCheck("AR0509")
AreaCheck("AR0513")
AreaCheck("AR0514")
AreaCheck("AR0515")
AreaCheck("AR0522")
AreaCheck("AR0704")
AreaCheck("AR0709")
AreaCheck("AR0712")
AreaCheck("AR1105")
AreaCheck("AR2010")
AreaCheck("l#nd07")

Very rarely there she appears, but if any other mod / event got triggered and she was interrupted, then she can be easily missed... I think I may need to find a way to prevent that from happening.
Hi Lava,

I found the solution. Actually, I missed Missini's talk, because I don't often go to the city's gate map. Now it's all settled. I modified the L#2SkireturnTime to make it happen straight after the talk and slept in the nearby inn.

Thanks for your help,

Cheers from France Wink
Oh, Missini should actually come to you on some other maps, too, but... well, I suppose it's just misfortune that you had to wait so long for finally get Skie into your team Smile
I think I can safely tell you that I'm planning on expanding the mod, it's actually in progress. Won't tell more, I want to make this a surprise, but... it shouldn't be long until Skie: The Cost will offer even more than it does now Smile

Cheers! Smile
Oh I understand now what went wrong :
I went to the city's gate with Foundling, on the way to get Leira's Lie. There Missini appeared but the cinematic of foundling immediately sent us to the grey valley's map, and she remained there idle.

It's a Lava crossmod bug  Big Grin
Well, you must have been REALLY unlucky for both these things to trigger at once! Glad you found a way to fix that Smile
(02-01-2022, 01:19 PM)Lava Wrote: I think I can safely tell you that I'm planning on expanding the mod, it's actually in progress. Won't tell more, I want to make this a surprise, but... it shouldn't be long until Skie: The Cost will offer even more than it does now Smile

Cheers! Smile

Hi Lava,

I  also saw about your mod "The Vanishing". Are you planning to make those two mods as one? I guess they are supposed to work together?
Looking forward to try those together...

Another thing, I haven't found the forum related to Foundling, therefore I give you my review here.
First of all, for other people reading here, it may contain spoilers Big Grin

So I really liked the mod, but I came across 2 main difficulties.
First of all, I would have appreciated to be allowed to bring Foundling to the Leira's Lie cave and tell him "now you're on your own, boy. Stealing a divine sword is not my cup of tea" or to give back the sword to the Apparition. My Charname being a god fearing man and a cleric himself, he would not have taken the sword.
I finally left Foundling and found out that I cannot return to Athkatla without using the console.
If Foundling is overkilled (for example), one could end up with a similar situation.

If it can help to make it better Wink

Cheers
The Vanishing of Skie Silvershield is for BG1EE only and it does just one thing: allows you to join Skie before you actually get BG city to open its gates. It's just that one little quest/tweak.
As neither of these mods is EET-only, they won't be merged. The handle quite different things. Just install both of them, if you want both things in there, and have fun, but they won't become one.

As for Foundling (I would rather you just make two posts rather than post it here: https://www.weaselmods.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6 - Foundling is part of the CoI series so content relating him should go into CoI forums): sorry, but it's kinda late to say "you're on your own" after you already broke into the sanctuary. And I am not making changes to that mod, it's been already translated into Russian and Polish. However, it's intriguing that you can't leave the areas without him. Will check it next time I'll be updating the mod.

Cheers!
Hi,

Ok I understand. Thanks for the clarifications.
You're welcome! Check the forums in a while, perhaps there will be a new version of Skie in some time Wink