Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LavaViconia Revamped - basic information and download
The mod allows players to tweak Viconia. The mod is divided into seperate components, each providing a change that may affect your experience with the character.

COMPONENTS:

a) Change Viconia's Class:
Dual-classed options: cleric/thief, cleric/assassin, cleric/shadowdancer (EE-only)
- Multi-classed options: cleric/thief, cleric/assassin, cleric/shadowdancer (EE-only)
- Cleric of Shar kits from Deities of Faerun or Faiths and Powers may be used (instead of thief kits), but this mod must be installed after any of those mods.
This component also changes her animation to that of an elven thief (hooded sprite) and adds Holy Symbol of Shar as well as a new 1st level cleric spell to Viconia's spellbook: Hand of Shar. It allows to increase a creature's thieving ability of choice for a short time.

b) Portraits for Viconia:
This component allows you to change Viconia's portrait. Picking one of those also changes her major and minor colors to make them match the new portrait. Existing portrait options:
- BG1 Viconia portrait for SoD, BG2, BGT, EET
- BG2 Viconia portrait for BG1, Tutu, BGT, EET
- SoD Viconia portrait for BG1, BG2, BGT, Tutu, EET
- Drowified BG1 Viconia portrait for any game (by Sanctifer with small tweak by Lava Del'Vortel)
- Recoloured BG2 Viconia portrait for all games
- Restored BG2 Demo Viconia portrait for all games in BG1 style and BG2 style (base found Parys, reworked by lolien, bob_veng and Lava Del'Vortel)

c) Add special ability: Embrace of Shar
This component gives Viconia a new innate ability - Embrace of Shar - that can turn party members invisible and blind nearby foes for a short duration.

d) Apply drow penalty: Day Blindness
This component adds a penalty for keeping Viconia in daylight. If outside during the day, she will receive a -2 penalty to dexterity and THAC0 as well as a -1 penalty to all saving throws. The penalty is dispelled during the night or at indoor areas.

Mod by Lava and argent77

DOWNLOAD LINK
Hi , great job with this mod, I enjoyed a lot playing this with Vikonia and I especially love "Day Blindness drow penalty" .

I'm going to start a new game with a drow character and I want to replicate "Day Blindness drow penalty", is possible to add this penalty to my main character with EE Keeper or other way?  I tried to copy Viconia "effects" in the EE Keeper but the penalty is permanent and  is not dispelled during the night or at indoor areas. thanks
Hi! Thank you for your kind words!
Sadly, I don't think that's possible. That effect is handled by her personal scripts. It's basically juggling with different variables and spells that are applied to her. I'm also afraid that you won't be able to find any mod that does that. I don't think I ever heard of one... Sorry!
Hello! 

would like some help with this mod ,ill try install it days ago but doesnt work sadly 

unpack everything to bg2 ee folder install ,select 5 for cleric assassin ,patched ,successful quit ,start game but viconia got 110000 xp ,level up but still just a cleric  ,i tried everything every combination but failed ,not multiclassed or change anything at all 

i have a steam version 

please help , thanks
Hi! Try starting a new game and check what happens. Let me know if the problem is still there.
allright ,

i installed the mod after rescued viconia ,normally i need to install mods before start a new game? 

i never used any mods yet
It all depends... There are mods that must be installed before you meet certain characters or enter areas where they are encountered. Sadly, mods that modify existing characters are that kind of mod that require a new game OR at least a save game from before you enter an area where they spawn.
Once a creature/character starts existing in your game, its current state is stored in your savegame. So even if you install a mod that changes that character, the change will only apply to your new game and savegames from before encountering that someone. The Viconia in your game won't be affected. Sorry.
i had a save when i came out from irenicus dungeon but it was the same ,but when i started a new game worked ,i set to very easy and quickly ran out and it worked she was multi classed ,just i noticed ,on a mass buff on every character 25 str and so ,it is because i started very easy ,not a bug right? because so ,i start a new game now on hard again

also im playing with this road to 2.6 beta on steam ,is that okay right?

and thanks for the help ,i hope ill be okay now
Perhaps by very easy you mean story mode. It's basically giving you uber powers so you don't need to focus on battles and it makes them super easy. I would suggest playing on normal for casual fun, once you reach Viconia. And I hope you won't encounter any problems and that you'll just have some fun playing BG2EE with mods.
I don't think 2.6 should cause any problems, but keep in mind not all mods were tested on that version of BG2EE. But... just try it out and see Smile
Hello,

When I put the mode into Project Infinity I get this:
Code:
ViconiaRevamped:2;ViconiaRevamped - UNDEFINED STRING:  @5
ViconiaRevamped:60;ViconiaRevamped - UNDEFINED STRING:  @30
ViconiaRevamped:70;ViconiaRevamped - UNDEFINED STRING:  @40

Pretty sure it's because of lack of weidu 247 version. Not sure if I can install this.
From what I heard it's because new WeiDU has problems with %MOD_FOLDER% path if used with translations. I think replacing it with ViconiaRevamped in tp2 could help. I mean these lines:

Code:
README ~%MOD_FOLDER%/readme/readme-%LANGUAGE%.txt~
      ~%MOD_FOLDER%/readme/readme.txt~

LANGUAGE ~English~   
        ~english~
        ~%MOD_FOLDER%/translations/english/setup.tra~
        ~%MOD_FOLDER%/translations/english/mod.tra~

LANGUAGE ~Polski~
        ~polski~
        ~%MOD_FOLDER%/translations/polski/setup.tra~
        ~%MOD_FOLDER%/translations/polski/mod.tra~

LANGUAGE ~Russian (by Alisia)~
        ~russian~
        ~%MOD_FOLDER%/translations/russian/setup.tra~
        ~%MOD_FOLDER%/translations/russian/mod.tra~

I can do it myself, but not today. I should be able to fix it tomorrow, or you can do it yourself and install the mod without PI. Or wait for me to fix it, it should happen in a day or two, I guess.
Nero - I just uploaded v6.3 that gets rid of %MOD_FOLDER% Smile
Hi, I just installed this in my EET install and I met the BG2 Viconia on Tradeway North.

I expect that when installed on EET viconi.cre needs to point to viconi_.dlg and viconi_.bcs.
Hi! Which class have you installed?
(10-24-2022, 05:22 AM)Lava Wrote: Hi! Which class have you installed?

Cleric/mage