Weasel Mods

Full Version: The Vanishing of Skie Silvershield - basic information and download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The mod makes Eldoth and Skie available the moment you leave Candlekeep. It moves Eldoth to the Friendly Arm Inn and expands his plan to kidnap / free Skie Silvershield. Follow his plan, and you will be able to get an alternative for Imoen and Safana sooner than in the original game. To make this happen, his quest had to be expanded, but it's easy enough to make low level party handle everything without any problems.
To keep the balance, Eldoth and Skie both start with level 1, however, to sweeten your game spiced with Eldoth's vile plans and Skie's bitter whining, she received a personal armor which makes it possible for her to help the team a bit more.

NOTE:
The mod was created mostly for personal use thus I mostly made sure the mod works well with mods in my current run. At that time I did not use BG1 NPC Project, and while they should work together, dialogues for Eldoth and Skie in BG1 NPC Project were written by other author(s), thus character interpretation and style may be different in those mods, however nothing controversial is included in the Vanishing.
I would also advise not to install any mod/component that changes Elsoth's starting location. Such components may cause problems, as The Vanishing also changes this part of the game.
That mod does not need Siege of Dragonspear to work properly.

DOWNLOAD
Wow, thanks a lot for the interesting mod! Smile I could translate it into Russian. Are you planning to translate the texts into tra-format, or can I do it myself and send you the result?
I love this idea - Thank you so much!

Does this work with non-EE (i.e., BGT)?
- give it some time so people could check it out first Smile But thanks Smile

- Sorry, I no longer have BG1 and BG2, thus I am unable to test anything on BGT/Tutu. I focused entirely on EE games, but if there will be comeone eager to make it compatible with older versions of the game and test it, then I don't mind. In this state, though, it's not going to work, though.
In the first dialogue with Eldoth when he is talking about how to get in the city, there are grammar mistakes (missing words). 

Regarding the quest to find the figurine there is no entry in the Journal (at least in my installation) and I have no idea, where to find it. 

Within a room in the FAI which owner is usually drinking too much. But that doesn't help... 

I found the figurine.

It was a bit misleading when talking about the "room" of the owner and he is sleeping in this hall-room. Nice anyhow. Let us see, whats up next Wink 
I think there should be an entry, but as the mod is not traified, it does not appear among other quests, but in the other section of your journal Smile 
Yeah, I know this mod could use additional proofreading. It was made for my own game so I could join Skie sooner as I really like her. I hope to release a new version with improved text once I'm done with other things.

I hope you'll have fun saving Skie Smile
Journal entry: nothing found, but this might be a problem with my installation as I'm also missing Kit descriptions in the charater sheet (only there). 

Now I rescued Skie. All went well so far and one can easily follow the path. Only issue: she is Level 1. From character design that is ok, because she is new to the adventurer business. But from gameplay this is suboptimal. Especially as one does not plan to have more than one 1 thief in the group.
She is level 1, because she's not only new to adventuring, but this mod allows you to join her even before you head to Nashkel. She is an alternative to Imoen and you may join her almost right away, when the rest of your team is also lvl 1. The mod is for those that want to have her as soon as possible rather than wait or postpone joining her.

Also, I released SotSC which adds lots of new quests and chances to get XP. But even in an unmodded game, it's a matter of doing 1 quest and killing few enemies. You can go up, kill 2 ankhegs and she's lvl 2. I prefer coding it that way rather than making her lvl 3 thief because... if she's that experienced, then why on Nine Hells didn't she just leave the mansion on her own...? It doesn't make much sense and that's one of the biggest flaws of the original design of the quest that allows you to free her. She doesn't need Eldoth and he doesn't serve any purpose other than telling you about her. In my version, it's all a bit different.

But thank you for your feedback Smile Know that this is not yet the final product Smile
Maybe you reduce the waiting time from three days to two days? My party is Level 5 (not been down to Nashkell) simply for the fact, that we had to spend time and went for the Ankhegs north. On the other hand, just two days to bring the item to BG is a bit short...

And not to be mistaken: the difference in levels is permanently reduced as the party moves on. 

Maybe an idea could be, to shift Skie's skill points more to open locks  and detect traps as they are crucial (well not really, you could always "tank" the traps in the Nashkell mine) and away from hide+move silently.
That's mostly the BG1 problem: you can also go and kill one or two sirens and part is +1/+2 levels.
I actually wanted to change it to 2 days, but I had the same doubts: getting to Baldur's Gate in just 2 days may be kinda impossible for someone who doesn't use long-distance teleportation.

Skill point distribution is rather equal so the person that joins her could make her the thief she needs to be for the sake of that player's party Smile
When entering the government district, Eldoth wanted us to sneak into the Silvershield Estate and get Skie out of her room. Seems there is a variable to be set that this has happened already... I save the game in case you want me to check variables or other stuff.
Nice catch! Thanks! Will look into it Smile I think I can work without the savegame, but keep it for a while, just in case!
Cheers!
To add: later on he talked about Elkart and the money, so the quest seems to be on track.
BTW, have you got BG1 NPC Project installed?
Yes BG1NPC is installed.
Pages: 1 2