Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LavaTangled Oak Isle - basic information and download
Once an independent village located on an Isle, the Tangled Oak Isle became the part of Athkatla. As the city grew bigger and bigger, it swallowed the isle, which now can be accessed not only by boats, but also by a bridge. While Isle is by law part of the City of Coin, it kept its identity, mostly because of the isle's villagers and the symbol that unite them: the Tangled Oak that grows between houses on the isle. Also the Cowled Wizards don't seem to be much interested in what was once called Tangled Oak Village and consider those that live there quite insignificant to Athkatla as a while, that means the islanders are on their own when it comes to solving problems and a serious one has just threatened that quiet place. Will you, the Hero of Baldur's Gate, help in restoring the isle's peace?

The Tangled Oak Isle is part of Athkatlan Grounds mod series.

DOWNLOAD LINK

Old frist post [bofore the mods was released]:
The Tangled Oak Isle is a big mod I had in mind for quite a while. I can't promise it will be released, but I already made some preparation for making that happen. It is to introduce a brand new location to Athkatla - a village that once was independent, but as the city grew, it absorbed the isle and the village itself.

The location would obviously tell its own story, present new location, new people... and it would probably became part of the Athkatlan Grounds mod series. There is much to be written and the story is still to be written, but to show you what I have in mind, I would like to attach a small picture. Some may remember it as I once submitted it in the fanart contest at Beamdog Forums:

[Image: 98qyb1j74iwh.jpg]
A very interesting idea and a beautiful map of the area! Knowing how well you can create mods for new locations, I hope this mod will be created!
It will surely be created, because all the areas are coded, quests are in there, all the dialogues, journal entries, items... but I'm stuck on worldmap component as well as additional compatibility issues. Once final stuff is handled, a beta version will be released.
Many thank you for the release! I started translating this mod into Russian. Your mods are always of gorgeous quality!
Thanks, Austin Smile
If you let me write wishes, it would be great also to add comments from the NPC about the new location to the mod. For Minsc, Jaheira, Wilson, Neera and others to discuss the new district (ideally so that even Tiax from the BG1NPCBG2 mod said that when he rules the world, an oak from this island will be chopped into wood for a fireplace in his palace) Smile
I wouldn't do that - that's a crossmod content and I am not an author of Tiax or other mod NPCs. However, the mod includes interjections for original NPCs. Not many of them, but they will throw a line or two here and there - no worries. It's already in the mod.
Hey there! Where exactly is the Tangled Oak Isle area located on the original BG2 world map? Am using a different world map and the icon is completely misplaced. Can fix it myself, but just curious to know.
Here:
[Image: map.jpg]
Thanks!