Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LavaVarshoon - new versions
I'm happy to announce that thanks to Austin Varshoon is now available for EET users! Yep, you can join Mister Tentacle when playing EET. Grab version 6.0 and try it out.

Thanks, Austin
We found one problem arising on the Russian version. There are translated lines in the setup.tra file, and they are displayed incorrectly in the game. To fix this, please change in the .tp2 file the line before the LAF HANDLE_CHARSETS command to this:

ACTION_DEFINE_ARRAY VARxreload BEGIN setup END

So the problem file will be reloaded twice and the second time in the correct encoding.
Well, it would cause problems for all translations. Thanks. It's updated!
Cheers, Austin
Greetings!

Where is a full changelog for each of your mods?
All there is may be found in the readme files. There is more precise list, but I'd say what's in there should be ok. Some changes are grouped (Like EET compatibility means: Fate Spirit change required for EET NPCs, chapter checks updates, etc. )
Vershoon just received a big update! What's new in v7.0:
- Additional proofreading by GoForTheEyes
- Fixed / technically improved some of mod's spells
- Fixed / technically improved some of mod's items
- Fixed / technically improved Varshoon's .cre file (more sounds)
- Added new High Level Abilities (a mix of different skills and spells)
- Kit fix for the Throne of Bhaal portion of the game
- Removed portrait for the non-joinable creatures
- Innitial behavior fix for SoA and ToB
- Better item icons for EE game version
- Re-implemented non-EE portraits
- WeiDU update
Lava 

Thank you for the update.

Cheers
Thanks, TotoR Smile
For those who didn't check the readme: TotoR is responsible for most v7.0 fixes and for motivating me to update this mod Smile
Hi Lava,

I am thinking to play again with Varshoon in my next run. I played it in its first version maybe 12 or 14 years ago and I remember he was almost silent in the TOB part of the game.
Have you improved that part?
Similarly, I would like to know if he has banters with the Beamdog NPC or not? I was thinking to maybe take Hexxat along.

With thanks,
There are few talks in ToB, but they were always there. And nope, I don't think I ever wrote banters between him and EE NPCs. He was already traified and translated to a few languages by then and... I'm not sure I have so much love for that project. I wrote many newer NPCs that have both more talks in ToB and banters with EE NPCs Smile I wouldn't say Varshoon is my best creation.
(05-15-2022, 11:34 AM)Lava Wrote: I wouldn't say Varshoon is my best creation.

That is your point of view and I respect it, but I love this character, it's maybe my favourite actually. Big Grin
Sure Smile I can only say from a perspective of which characters I found fun to write and how I see them years later Smile
Cheers!
Oh, and another question I have : Does Varshoon has crossmod banters with any other of your or other's NPC?
There are only a few, I think, but take a look here: https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/npcs/crossmod/
All crossmod talks are included in G3's Crossmod Banter Pack Smile The list is in the readme Smile
Few more may come at some point, as I should move on to crossmod talks when I'm done with some other mods I'm working on.