Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IeldraSkie - comments, questions and a possible bug (some spoilers)
First. I have to say how thoroughly I am enjoying this mod. I've long thought Skie had potential in BG1 (but played with her only once because she came with that sleazy slimeball Eldoth), then SoD came and realized what I thought might be appropriate and immediately regretted that she died and we couldn't save her. So I looked around for possible mod content and found this. Great. The character writing is very good and fits seamlessly into her SoD personality while giving her the character development required for an adventurer. Also it's the best kind of game content, the kind that triggers little scenes in your mind. Such as my party stumbling out of the beholder lair of the Unseeing Eye quest half covered in all kinds of substances you'd better not think about too closely (Skie even comments on it as you enter), and my sorceress Mirah and Skie looking at each other, and without a word needing to be said, heading off to the next bathhouse, dressing up and then having a nice meal at the city's best inn, not without commenting how odd it is that in a city as large as Athkatla, there isn't anything that comes close to the Three Old Kegs. Don't look at us like that, Jaheira, we're not decadent, we're civilized.

Speaking of the beholder lair, both the scene where you have a bottle of wine together, and a little later the scene where the messenger from her father arrives, triggered when I was there, which felt decidedly odd to say the least. How the heck did the messenger get in here? It may be a mod interaction problem (possible culprit: "More Interjections" from the Tweaks Anthology) but I'll mention it here just in case. This shouldn't trigger in dungeons, even less so in dungeons inaccessible outside of certain quests.

Now for the questions: Is there any significant content for Skie in the Underdark, and is there any other quest after the letter from her father arrives, if you have not installed Eddard? I am facing the usual difficult decision of who to take to Spellhold, and having Skie *and* Imoen would require me to leave others I'd rather not do without in the Underdark in this SCS run. Also, I've never played ToB with a single-class Thief in the party, and I wonder if she can hold her own with SCS and Ascension installed.
Hi! Smile

Thanks for your kind words! I always felt Skie deserves a proper story and I am glad that after years of work as a modder I managed to create a mod like this.

I may need to investigate if there is any check for the messenger to spawn, I thought there was some sort of check, but... maybe I'm wrong? But will do that when I'm preparing some sort of update for this mod, as it's not any kind of critical bug.

As for content: there is an encounter in Brynnlaw and some occasional talks when you reach certain parts of the story. Normally, there would be this quest to save Eddard before Spellhold, but if you skipped it, it won't happen (not however, that even if you save him, you may keep Skie and ask Eddard to rest after everything that happened so you won't be forced to join him -- thought I would let you know in case you were afraid you'd need to invite him to party).

Cheers!
(05-22-2023, 12:22 PM)Lava Wrote: Hi! Smile

Thanks for your kind words! I always felt Skie deserves a proper story and I am glad that after years of work as a modder I managed to create a mod like this.

I may need to investigate if there is any check for the messenger to spawn, I thought there was some sort of check, but... maybe I'm wrong? But will do that when I'm preparing some sort of update for this mod, as it's not any kind of critical bug.

As for content: there is an encounter in Brynnlaw and some occasional talks when you reach certain parts of the story. Normally, there would be this quest to save Eddard before Spellhold, but if you skipped it, it won't happen (not however, that even if you save him, you may keep Skie and ask Eddard to rest after everything that happened so you won't be forced to join him -- thought I would let you know in case you were afraid you'd need to invite him to party).

Cheers!

Thanks for for the info. I guess I'll take Skie along and see what happens, and deal with the wrongless of leaving Imoen behind in Chapter 4. As for Eddard, not installing him was mostly wrong thinking on my part as the quest is likely to be interesting regardless of whether I'll ever get the other content. Now if I can only bring myself to re-install half of my mods manually from an intermediate backup, since WeiDu's automatic un- and re-install process of mods installed on top of the one I want to change runs into error messages for me, even if it's only the topmost mods (SCS and Tweaks Anthology). I guess you don't happen to know what the cause of that problem might be?
Sorry, but I have no idea... Sad